Monday, September 13, 2010

Rest (2 of 365)

And on the 7th day.....sometimes it is hard to just do nothing but I felt it important to be still and know...I felt my energy return and feel prepared to access some of the insights that have come my way.  There is an important link between rest and success.  Recent studies have shown a great advantage to students who study and then sleep.  The brain problem solves and assimilates information while sleeping.  Yet sometimes when I am resting I feel a restlessness like I should be doing something else.  I remember hearing Puffy say that he rarely sleeps and the sleeping don't succeed.  He is successful and he doesn't sleep...sooooo....okay I am sleepy as hell my brain ain't working so I am gonna copy Puffy right?  How many of us hear things like that and then hold ourselves to someone else's standards no matter how futile?  Today, I just sat with myself, hung out with mom, caught up with a few friends, cleaned my cars out, watched a bit of TV and somehow my joy just snuck back on in.  I released my attachment to the outcome of events and am ready to put some time in and take some risks.  Yeah.....rest is important.

ENCOURAGEMENT:  The body is an amazing machine, take the time to allow it to do its job.

COMMITMENT: I will be still more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!