Friday, September 24, 2010

RAT'S Restaurant Review (13 OF 365)

I actually wrote about actual rats in the NY subway stations when I first got back from Japan, the stark difference between the two.  One a musical chaos filled with many characters and the other a homogenous orderly chaos of quiet compliance.  But the Rats of which I am speaking of today is one that touched my pallet in a delectable way.

I have always loved the FOOD NETWORK or is it LIFETIME, well which ever one shows TOP CHEF, oh I thinks it BRAVO. I love TOP CHEF and the three aforementioned networks and I was also very proud that one of Willingboro's own won.  It meant something special to me.  I have traveled the world and come back home to speak and am still holding against the odds dreams of one day winning an Oscar and seeing him win such an honor gave me hope and inspired me.  And since Sunday is Kevin Sbraga's last day at Rats, my fellow foodie friend and I decided to pay the type of homage that gives you an immediate pay off.  Nestled in the throws of NJ's capitol is this eclectic mosh posh of a delightful other continental odd place that somehow feels like home.

I never can say I have been into French food but if this is how the French throw down then I am a fan.  Everything made me feel like I was Padma and I was getting a birds eye view of just what she experiences many days in a year.  She makes food sound sexy and titillating and beautiful.  The show gives me such a respect for the environment food and the sacrifice that goes into good eating.  An art form for sure.  From the blueberry lemonade, escargot in a broth that would make you slap yo mamma, to foie gras which I now have a taste for.  I kept hearing about this damn foie gras I wanted to taste it.  Now the last time I had pate was a taste of my mothers at Charlie Brown's.  I remembered as a child hating anything that had anything to do with anybodies liver, but baby my pallet has changed.  Then a simple lamb.  I understood the reason we say prayers before a meal.  Thanking this precious animal for sacrificing his precious life for my sustenance and thanking whoever prepared it for doing so with such reverence and care, it was almost a religious experience.  You could taste the love in even the bread and butter just special.  Dessert was good, I am not a big dessert person and it was a bit sweet for me but the care and artistry was just divine.



Kevin you let me know when you open your restaurant and I will be there!  I was so busy eating I forgot to take more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!