Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I woke up dis monin wit my mind......(4 of 365)

Dag!  A year goes fast!  Okay so I haven't quite figured out how to disable this from facebook but soon and very soon.  There used to be this old negro spiritual that I sang in some choir some time ago that went
I WOKE UP DIS MORNIN WITH MY MIND
STAYED ON JESUS
I WOKE UP DIS MORNIN WID MA MIND
STAYED ON JESUS
I WOKE UP....

you get the picture right.  Then there was something I recall my dad saying filling himself up with energy as he bellowed

I LOOK TOWARDS THE HILLS WHICH COMETH MY HELP!?
MY HELP COMETH FROM THE LORD...

Honey chile let me tell you.  I woke up this morning determined to get back into my spiritual practice.  Which right now includes short meditation, oh wait....wrong order......I do my morning pages (3 long hand pages of free form writing) THEN a short meditation, and a song of some sort.  After talking to one of my besties about the importance of a spiritual practice she mentioned something about facing the rising sun ("with my face to the rising sun") the east in the morning and west if praying or meditating at night.  So I didn't exactly know where that was but I just put my meditation chair towards the sun.  It was a lot of trees so I couldn't exactly see the sun but before I looked up to the sky I took a deep breath and I said that this meditation was about me releasing all of my attachments to the outcome of events (not my will but thy will.....a hard one for me) whilst still maintaining hope and faith that my prayers will be answered.  Prayer is more about asking and meditation about clearing or receiving or something like that. ANYWAY....I set a clear intention to release..looked up to the hills and HONEY when I tell you it was as if the SPIRIT of everything that is good and kind and perfect and whole was just waiting for me.  I was OVERWHELMED with a vision full of joy, hope, promise, love and fulfillment.  I had a very simple AMAZING day.  And I am so very very grateful to be getting back to me.  Amen? AMEN!!!

ENCOURAGEMENT: Find a way to connect, if you don't have a spiritual practice, start one....3 foot tosses, nothing big but something you CAN and WILL commit to.  

COMMITMENT: I will continue to develop and expand my spiritual connection and conversation with God....my Freind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!