Monday, December 8, 2008

Fasting

Okay so fasting is defined as "... the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. A fast may be total or partial concerning that from which one fasts, and may be prolonged or intermittent as to the period of fasting. Fasting practices may preclude sexual activity as well as food, in addition to refraining from eating certain types or groups of foods; for example, one might refrain from eating meat. A complete fast in its traditional definition is abstinence of all food and liquids except for water."

I am doing it for 7 reasons. I mean seven days. But I will follow this Freuadian slip with 7 reasons for fasting.
1. If u need to loose weight you will. I do so that is good.
2. It detoxifies the liver, lymphatic system, glandular, colon it the cleans you out.
3. I will feel energized. And I am tired. I have been so tired from the surgery and all the medication I have been on.
4. Okay this is getting hard. I will excercise loving discipline. The root word of discipline is disciple. So I will be loving my temple, my body. It needs some loving attention.
5. Having a sense of renewed energy, oh I already said that. But I just yawned so I really mean it.
6. I wanna look cuter than I already am when J comes to visit.
7. Cuz the SECRET says if I want it I CAN do it!!!!!

So I am doing this 7 day cleanse where I am eating mostly fruits, veggies and then towards the end meats and brown rice. So I am doing the fast type that limits certain things like sugar, flour, and starches not a complete fast. The website about fasting has a lot of info and I will be sure to say something each day about it.

So I basically ate too much yesterday but because I have been eating 6 times a day I think my stomach is shrinking so I was full almost all day. I went to The Hub to have a light dinner with Jayson Holley and then didn't even want a drink and basically forced myself to have chicken wings and risotto. Chris Boyd then invited me to his room for a X-mas party. He had homemade eggnog, gluhwine, fried chicken, deviled eggs, ginger cookies. Then Dai came over with these cheesy Japanese rice snacks. Which are by the way AMAZING. I got home stuffed and before I could guilt myself into feeling bad I got to sauteeing garlic, carrots, celery, mushrooms, peppers, and a host of other veggies. Packed my napsack for the day and was off to bed to watch SIX FEET UNDER my night cap. I am on Season 4.

Today was okay but I must say the prep work I did the night before really helped. The soup was made and put into containers. My watermelon was sliced and diced and the kiwi, tangerines, some pretty asian fruit I don't know the name of, papaya, strawberries, blueberries and apples were already ready and so was I!!!

I went to the gym on my way to work but my bag was too heavy so I just dropped off clothes in my locker so that I know I can go and not bring sneakers. In Japan's gym do not allow outside sneakers. You can rent sneakers or bring another pair that you wear only to the gym.

So I am at work and I have had two cups of my organic veggie soup. And fruit. I need to drink more water but I feel better, good, and I do not full hungry or weak or anything. I think it is primarily because my insulin levels really never get low with the sugar in the fruit.

I am supposed to go to Monsoon which is located at IKSPIARI at Disney and I hope they have some good soups. And I do remember that I am a Weight Watcher leader so I will click on the link and decide NOW what I am going to have.....I will have a soup. I may have a curry soup with veggies but I need to check to make sure there is no milk. I will have milk in 3 days. So if all else fails I will have salad with no dressing. Onward and Upward!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I am fasting from TV and sugar and sleeping all week. gym, work, eat sleep that is it..Im feeling really anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of fasting!!! love and light. How long are you fasting for the week did you say?????
    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, good luck on your fast.
    I will be fasting for 40 days on water on the 26 or the 1st jan 2010.
    Have a look at fasting.ws
    Best wishes Keith101.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keith101 how long will you be fasting?

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion matters so much!