Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sick and Tired of being sick and tired......43 of 365

"Excuses are tools of the incompetent, and those who specialize in them seldom go far."
I remember when pledging we had to learn this quote.  I remember it well because no matter the task and excuse would never do....only the bottom line mattered.  Did you get it done?  Yes or no. 


This is something that life and a couple of ego busters has moved into my reflection.  If I don't like what is happening, how about I stop making excuses about it and get a move on?   "What do you really want?"  Someone asked me last week, he then went on to say, "...you are either creating or reacting....wanting something is on the reaction side.....what are you doing?"  


With this in mind I searched the world wide web and found a host of additional quotes on excuses.  They are like pests.....lets begin the extermination!!!!!


An excuse is worse than a lie, for an excuse is a lie, guarded. Alexander Pope


Every vice has its excuse ready. Publilius Syrus



Nothing is impossible; there are ways that lead to everything, and if we had sufficient will we should always have sufficient means. It is often merely for an excuse that we say things are impossible. Francois De La Rochefoucauld

The best job goes to the person who can get it done without passing the buck or coming back with excuses. Napoleon Hill

Two wrongs don't make a right, but they make a good excuse. Thomas Szasz

We are all manufacturers. Making good, making trouble, or making excuses. H. V. Adolt

We have forty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse. Rudyard Kipling

There aren't nearly enough crutches in the world for all the lame excuses. Marcus Stroup

Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure. Don Wilder

People with integrity do what they say they are going to do. Others have excuses. Laura Schlessinger

For many people, an excuse is better than an achievement because an achievement, no matter how great, leaves you having to prove yourself again in the future; but an excuse can last for life. Eric Hoffer

I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took an excuse. Florence Nightingale

And before I burden you with more excuses  I will end my last one in love....

“Love will find a way. Indifference will find an excuse.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!