Sunday, November 14, 2010

For Colored Girls 54

Saw it again for the second time and really have a different perspective.  There were moments of genius in the film and although there were some issues those women gave their hearts and souls to this film and they shined!  A light and voice was given to the black woman that has not been given and that MUST be celebrated.  There were some jewels there and THAT must be celebrated.  The critical eye must rest sometimes to make room for the birth of new voices and our stories.  We must make room.  I am a colored girl and my voice, my story, my pain, my lessons and my strength and power were there.  They were there.  I was seen and though not perfect, here I stand as did this movie.


CLICK "SEE ORIGINAL POST" to get the book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!