Sunday, November 21, 2010

DESTINY'S CHILD 61 of 365

Steve Chandler said take all your worries and over work that fear til it does not exist.  Das what I'm bout to do!  Bam!  Take that!  Bam!!  Take that!!!  No excuses, no way out!  Success is the only outcome.

This makes me think of my dear mother.  Some qualities that are defining aspects in my character and personality are things that have rubbed off that I used to resent.  Now they seem like amazing grace. I remember going to college was like brushing your teeth to me.  It was like going to high school.  It wasn't even like there was another choice in my mind, it didn't even feel like a choice in the sense that I even had the option in my mind to decide if I wanted to go or not to go.  It was like church every Sunday morning, we went.  Since I could remember, that is what we did.  I looked forward to college like I looked forward to church.  Not until I graduated did I even realize what a big deal it was in the whole racial, socio-economc scope of things.  For this I am grateful.  Something I took for granted is something that does not happen for millions of people.  Just as church on Sundays, college after high school so it shall be with success and me.  It just is.  I think no other way, there is no other outcome and so it is and so it shall be.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!