Tuesday, October 12, 2010

IS THIS AMERICA? 26 of 365

CLICK HERE TO HEAR FANNI LOU HAMMER TESTIMONY

 Stockton to Present Seventh Annual Fannie Lou Hamer Human and Civil Rights Symposium  




I have heard of Fannie Lou Hamer but until I was commissioned to embody her story in a performance I really didn't know her journey and I didn't know that the atrocities she and so many nameless other African-Americans endured in the 60's! I mean I knew but I really hadn't heard about Fannie Lou in the same way that I had heard about Rosa Parks and Emmet Till But what I do know is that civil rights atrocities are still taking place in the world and yes even in America.  The human journey is an important one and the challenge of hate is a primitive one.  Hate has a low vibrational energy like cancer and feeds, festers and multiplies.  

I pray that I do Fannie Lou Hamer justice tomorrow and shed some light and insight on her journey while she was here.  She was beat so people could vote.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!