Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fannie Lou Hamer Performance 27 of 365

I am tired of writing...."of 365"

I am soooooooooo tired but wanted to say a short bitty about my performance at Stockton State College today.  Well I was great of course but really I learned a lot about myself. Something that I intend to release and move past.  I am always surprised at people's response to my presence on stage.  I am sure there are those that aren't in love with me but the sad thing is I expect that  the other sad thing is that when people are moved to tears or when they go on the journey I take them; I am genuinely surprised; EVERYTIME.  Someone said, that is good, keeps me grounded and in the realm of greatness but I really intend to stay great and just appreciate myself and the journey along the way.  To expect love over disappointment.  I acknowledge myself for noticing......but that needs to change.  Then what needs to change after that is my interest in good or bad, just honoring me and my gifts and appreciating whatever it is that people have to share with no attachment to outside opinions or comments.  But first things first.  I intend to expect miracles, expect joy, expect admiration and appreciation, to trust and respect my creative process....yeah that is my thought for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!