Sunday, October 10, 2010

Finley High (24 of 365)

Magna and Suma Cum Laude of Finley High Class of '58
Today I took my mother to her high school reunion from SC that was in Silver Spring, MD.  It was nice to see that my mother cultivates love.  She was Miss Finley High and is still celebrated and cared for.  I have lived with and known my mother most and all, respectively, my life.  I am just noticing that she, in her quiet way is a diva.  She cultivates people wanting to care for and serve her.  And their doing so doesn't diminish anyone it is quite interesting to see.  I notice that for some reason I tend to back away from praise, recognition and adoration.  It is not because I am humble but because I am afraid.  Afraid of so many irrational silly things that have actually caused me to, in the past, shy away from my own brilliance.  I have been afraid, that the jealous ones will overpower me somehow and win, fear that somehow smallness and mean-ness is stronger than love.  I felt uncomfortable when my mother and I came in 2 hours late and people stopped to say how especially happy they were to see my mother.  How her high school sweetheart looked at her with such kindness in his eyes.  Why would I not thrive and sprout around such love.  Like a plant that seems to lean and stretch to wherever light is.  I must dismiss and depart from fear.  I acknowledge it, forgive myself for buying into it and send it on its merry way in love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!