Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Life Of An Artist 163

I have to say I am very surprised no one commented on the video I posted yesterday.  That says a lot of the state of the single black female.  Yikes.

I had to tackle a classical piece of literature today.  I felt a bit inferior to it, but then after reading it and memorizing the text, I quite like it.  I feel a bit overly dramatic but hopefully they won't ask me for a classical piece because my contemporary monologue will be so compelling we will move right on to the sides.  Oh what I must go through in life.  Someone said I was lucky.  I am, and my response does not mean I am ungrateful either but many do not fully understand the many challenges an artist faces each day.  This life is not for the faint of heart, I must say, because in a normal persons life they have, lets say, 10 to 20 interviews in a lifetime.  I have 10 to 20 in a month, and that is a slow month.  Think of all the preparation and stress that entails and triple that.  For every yes, I receive, I have received 100 no's and yet I continue on.  I have a vision inside of myself and it is clear and strong.  I must just stay the course, but man when I am faced with trips that I may or may not go on because this gig fell through or the modern guy who wants  me except that I don't have a "normal" job---all that to say, there are sacrifices made, many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!