Sunday, April 3, 2011

155we are family

The good thing about living on the northern east coast is that you can be in Philly, New York and New Jersey in one day and its not THAT big of a deal.  I went from South to North and that is a big deal.  People in North Jersey think they are New Yorkers and that South Jersey is another country.  South Jersey doesn't get noticed at all even though it makes up most of New Jersey.  No idea where that came from but that was part of my waking stream.

I finally am getting good sleep again.  No idea how that came about either but I am just grateful it has.  I haven't taken or needed to take a Tylenol PM in about 4 days.  Dog tired and just knock out.  I don't understand how people, "fall asleep" and don't keep any of the commitments they have made for the day.  If I am going to fall out, I usually know it and make a few phone calls.  I honestly do not understand the former.  It just sounds like another excuse for not keeping a commitment.  Go figure.

I love spending time with my family.  I learn a lot about myself.  I want to know more.  I also understand that the parts of my family that I don't like are a reflection, in part, of myself as well.  There are certainly some unsavory characters in my family.  I tend to want to gloss over that but they are there.  What does it mean?  What does it say about me?  There are some wonderful characters as well and it is so easy to take that on but the ugly stuff I want to sweep in a gutter and let the sewer take it all away.  But sewage goes to one common place, where all waste goes, doesn't it??  I am making a practice to pray for my family every day, even the unsavory, after all like it or not, take it or leave it we are all family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!