Wednesday, February 16, 2011

That's So Raven 126 of 365

check out what she is up to at http://www.raven-symone.org/
Okay so I have a question.  Can someone younger than you be your mentor?  24 years old and a mogul who has mobilized an empire!  I am watching a re-run of "Black Girls Rock".  I have to go to bed but this show is INSPIRING.  I am a black girl that ROCKS!!!!!!  I am serious about her being my mentor tho.  They say a child shall lead them......


Theme




I have tried to be silent about Ne Ne from the Housewives of Atlanta.  I have realized what bothers me about the character that she is playing.  Similar to Amorrosa from The Apprentice it seems to me that the MAD black woman is being rewarded and thus the steryotype given more energy and life.  This is an illusion.  It is perpetuating madness and I can't say given all that she has been offered if I were in her shoes I would do any different.  I am certain she is not the mean-spirited, negative angry and illspewing soul that she represents.  She is on a journey and I am not one to judge but I am tired of this image being sensationalized in the media.  This show, "Black Girls Rock" is profound and has moved me not only because it is us deciding it is time to celebrate us and not wait for someone else to acknowledge our existence and contributions to this planet but because it is a positive force in the universe and in the media.  Only shown on BET I am sorry that this is the only network that will air this show.  It should be everywhere.  Black women rock, women rock, people rock.  Rock on!!

Check out Teresa Clark!  Wow she rocks!!!  She founded an amazing organization. AFRICA.COM/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!