Sunday, February 6, 2011

I LOVE MY FRIENDS 117

I LOVE MY FRIENDS!!!

I have to say with some it is a painful acceptance.  I have one dear friend who just 'isn't into me right now'. It is painful to witness the shift and a change in a relationship.  Not that the love isn't there but when it was just the two of you before now a husband, kids a job; LIFE stand in the way of carefree camaraderie.  The time is not there, deep silences are not poignant moments but moments of preoccupation with something else.  Ah but the love is there so you understand you call yourself silly for being hurt and you move on.

Another is grateful remembrance.  When a friend reminds you in your moments of questioning the entire journey because the present destination is not a pleasant one.  They tell you how much your presence in their lives has affected and inspired them they in this moment help you to REMEMBER.

I should be saying me and not you, them; abstract.

Yet another is the friends that challenge me.  Call me on my shiznit!  Tell me that I am not standing in my light and hold the light for me to see.  Reflect my beauty back to me and gently call me home.

These three comparisons are all one person and all individuals that I acknowledge myself for calling in my life.  Did I say I love my friends?  I love my friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!