Thursday, February 11, 2010

joy day 4of32

Good things happen when you are stuck in the house.  I stared out of the window and watched the snow fall as I talked to one of my dearest friends on the phone.  I mused at the sight and shared it and she said she was doing the EXACT same thing.  We laughed, caught up, gossiped, shared just like old friends do.  I kinda wanted her husband to say he would be over tomorrow to shovel me out...no such luck.  I guess friendships have their limits.  

When I finally got hungry after being on the phone 3 different times with the "representative" over the course of an hour and completing my one task of the day.  I ventured down to clean my juicer that I neglected to clean last night....DON'T try that at home.  Thank God it's not summer or there would have been heaps of fruit flies.  I made my Green lemonade (recipe on day 2 I believe) and sipped away and then pulled out Ms. Natalia Rose's book again and by golly that Power Soup was the BOMB DIGGITY!  My mother loved it so much that she licked not only her bowl but the lid of the food processor that I made it in. Okay it is a chilled soup and you know snowed in, winter you would think warm soup but I am doing this raw til dinner thing (sometimes)

I had joy mostly in eating it.  And watching my mother enjoy it and go on and on about it.
then a few hours later I hit the jack pot again with an amazing corn salad with marinated portobello mushrooms and a raw caesar dressing.  When I tell you I wanted to dance while eating I am NOT joking.  Joy Joy Joy!!!!!!

Now I will give you the recipe but remember, I don't really do EXACT measurements (sorry Julia) so each of these recipe's I tweeked a bit.  If you try it PLEASE let me know how you like it.

And while you are at it, if you are reading this from facebook, please click on the original post and if you like my blog click on the link that allows you to follow the blog.  It would be a great help to me!  Leave your comments there as well!!!!

Here's to joy!  Campai!

Power Soup
Natlaia says that it is ideal for weight loss and has a heap of enzymes and good stuff.  What I love about it is all of that and it is sooooooo refreshing!  I was transported to a tropical spa in Thailand.
1c alfalfa sprouts
3c strawberries
3tb raw honey
2-4 stevia packets (i didn't use this....stevia tastes like DEATH to me)
1 head of lettuce
1/4 med beet (optional) makes it pretty

Blend that sucker up with a few ice cubes.  Natalia says that it lasts 2 days but it was gone in about 10 minutes, so I don't know. I split the recipe in half because I had no clue how much I would like it.  I kinda wanna make some right now but I'll wait and have it for breakfast.

Taking care of yourself is fun, nurturing and good for the environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!