Sunday, August 24, 2008

Rainy Sunday's

So I have Sunday's off.  Last Sunday I went to the doctor's office.  I never actually saw his mouth because he had a mask on.  I did not take it personally since I see lots of people with masks on here and there on the subways and what not.  It's pretty interesting actually.  My interpreter Masa suggested  I get one as well.  I had a virus in my throat and was prescribed 5 different pills!!! 



At the pharmacy I had to jot down what was what for obvious reasons.  I now have a cough I didn't have but who knows.  Lot's of rest and I really need to take care of myself a bit better.  Today was nice though.  I got 5,000 yen in the mail (yeah you get mail on Sundays!!) well not actual cash money but I could use it at the Ito which is a department store one block from my apartment building.  It has a KFC, which I haven't had yet, a McDonalds (okay once.... okay okay I had it 2xs!), a grocery store, and every other kind of store in one building, I guess its a mall but not really.  I walked around and got some things to make life easier.  It's been raining since yesterday so I bought a cute little blue raincoat, some kitchen items, some celery so I can make some potato salad, and just a little bit of this and that.

I cleaned my apartment, Skyped with Jason, Sarah and Beverly and watched episodes of Monk and CSI Miami.  I didn't really feel like I was in Japan today just far away from everyone I know and love.  I think in the next couple of weeks I will be ready to venture out into the world a little more.  

Last week I went to the Park Hyatt Hotel in Shinjiku with fellow cast mate Chris.  It's the hotel the the movie "Lost in Translation" was filmed.  We spent a lot of money eating in the restaurant on the 42nd floor of the hotel that looks out over all of Tokyo.  It was wonderful.  The food was a taste of heaven as was the service.  










The shows are going pretty good.  I kinda like when my voice is hoarse because I am forced to be vocally creative.  So this week has been fun.  The audiences are amazing.  I am amazed at how they love the show.  There were these two women sitting in the front row who caught my eye during my last show yesterday.  They were waving wildly at me so I gave them a quick wave back.  There heads collided with such force I thought they would knock each other out.  I almost lost my step in our dance routine.  I felt like I made their day with my acknowledgment but little do they know, my heart was tickled!  

2 comments:

  1. Is your performance on Utube yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, Lady we love you here in the States.. Stay focused and don't sweat the small stuff. Lost in Translation can be difficult to communicate with when they want to be on the same page..They seek the same perfection as you. You are a gem of a performer, show that you believe that... Also you look great in the dress. It looks familiar... love it...see you soon
    Felisha

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion matters so much!