Tuesday, August 12, 2008

OPENING DAY!

Today I went into the amazingly beautiful Disneyland Sea park with Jayson Holley an amazing dancer in our show.  We met up with a past cast member of Big Band Beat and 4 fans of the show.  Whenever they get a chance they come to see the show.  

I called myself a self stalker because I was in line with the fans for several hours to see the show that I will be opening tomorrow.  But I am so glad I did.  It was the current cast's last show and tears were shed and it was wonderful to witness.  The show is just a great show and their energy was one I would like to maintain every day in my performances.  I aim to walk and sing in the spontaneous joyous energy that I felt today.  

 When the show was over I saw fans -who see the show and then run out to get in line to see the show again- weeping at the loss of their stars.  It was something.  I mean I want to interview some of these fans to find out just what motivates them to come to this particular show everyday 5 times a day.  I almost appreciate my own culture more here because it is appreciated on such a deep level by the precious Japanese.  I saw more adults in the park than children.  They just love the characters that we often take for granted but bought us such joy as children.  Seeing couples walk around with Mickey and Minnie ears and Goofey tees holding hands and waving wildly at Jason, because they got a glimpse of him in the park on his day off.  Maybe it's because it isn't a fabric in the Japanese culture that it is so different and fun and magical that even I really feel transported into a magical world at Disney here in Japan.  Dreams really can come true!  The attention to detail and the pride that every worker has is just something I have never experienced before.  You think, "Ah a job at a theme park".  But this is a major form of entertainment here.  It is actually an honor to be a performer at Disneyland Tokyo and I am learning for it to be an honor for me.  The joy is contagious.  Emotions are, I think; contagious that is.  Why not have one of joy and wonder?  Why the heck not!!!!!

I can't wait to get to the theater and to put on that dress that cost 4K and sing my little heart out!


1 comment:

  1. Amen...I love it! Enjoy your time in Japan you are really blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion matters so much!