Friday, August 15, 2008

Lost in Translation

Okay so I woke up Wednesday morning after visualizing myself on the stage singing and wooing hundreds -after pushing the scary thoughts of me tripping on stage, the audiences hating me for some unknown Japanese custom I unknowingly trample over- with a SORE THROAT.  It was the first notion of 'am I nervous?' that I sorta kind of listened to.  But I didn't feel scared, nervous, I mean yeah the normal regular kind but this is?  Maybe my throat hurt because I have been running around in 100+ weather and sleeping under the air conditioning, because I don't have one of the masks that I see so many people walking about wearing.  Is there some virus I know nothing about?  Some alert I am unable to discern on the news.  They could be yelling, "Everyone hold your breath for 30 seconds or you will catch a cold!"  Whatever it was I opened with a sore throat and a stuffy nose.  

I had Thursday off and stayed in bed with a humidifier on all day.  And performed 3 shows on Friday with an even stuffier nose!  I feel like crap and just don't do the cold thing.  Today, stuffed up on the Disney tram filled with the hustle and bustle of foreign sights and sounds.  I got the first pang of homesickness.  What do you want when you are sick?  I want comfort foods, I wanna turn on some episodes of ANTM or Law and Order, Monk, or American Justice and just wait the cold out.  A quick call to my doctor and a 5 minute ride up Westwood Blvd. to the CVS and my sore throat is a distant memory in the morning.  

When I got off the train, Campbell a guy in the show who is extending his contract to ours, showed me a place he goes to when he is feeling a bit under the weather.   I got some Tokyo Borscht upon his recommendation, and Beef Barley soup.  Took some Alka Seltzer that Kimila, cast member who left for Oklahoma today and am praying for sleep.  Maybe I will download ANTM from iTunes.  I know there is much lost in translation.  

2 comments:

  1. Awwww Muda! Feel better...so how was opening day???

    ReplyDelete
  2. opening day was good girl
    do you skype

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion matters so much!