Sunday, August 31, 2008

Just another day in Tokyo

Okay so I got a new camera and my computer is not recognizing it so you will have to wait for photos.  I am listening to some Acid Jazz and it is actually getting on my nerves so I think I will turn it off.  I had this whole image of me in my studio blogging away with low lights and acid jazz.  Uh, don't think so.  And the low lights are making me sleepy.

Now with silence, my thoughts and the ticking away of my hands translating the thoughts my mind is sending them I feel at peace.  Today I don't think I interacted with any Japanese.  Oh no I am wrong the girl at the counter at Wendy's and the guy in the international market.  That was it.  I learned a new word, how much?, but have since forgotten it.  I will work on that one tomorrow until it sticks.  'How much?' is an important word.  I know how to say it in French -com bien- don't know if I am spelling it right but I do know how to say it.  French won't help to much in these parts.  

Last night I accidentally took a triple dose of some of the medication I have been on.  Ooops.  Thank God I am here to tell about it.  Not that serious really since I have been told that because of the stature of the people and inclination towards a more holistic approach to healing I don't think my over dosage was any more than an actual American dosage.  Or that is what I keep telling myself.  But tell that to my liver.  I was wondering why I kept going to the bathroom all night even though I hadn't had much water.  My body was trying to purify itself.  With my doodling on the Japanese instructions and me trying to recall what the translator explained from the pharmacist, mistook 1 tablet 3 times a day for 3 tablets 3 times a day.  All day long I was wondering, 'why am I so sleepy and loopy feeling?'  I was hallucinating a bit as well.  Well just having an extremely vivid dream.  

Luckily I re-read everything this morning and realize that I did not have enough of the most important meds and that I had been taking too much of the other.  Whatever I did, my voice is not hoarse today and I feel well on my way to recovery.  I am usually a much more obedient patient.  My bad.  

I tried to have complete silence today to rest my chords some more and it did not happen.  Not singing is more difficult than not talking.  I was never aware of how much I hum a little ditty or sing a short verse until I spent the day trying not to have any vocal sounds come from my mouth.  Interesting.  I had to stop listening to music this morning because I was singing too much.  Or was that the meds?

I cooked Chicken Caccitore and brown rice for dinner.  The brown rice was cooked in a rice cooker and came out like mush.  All of the instructions are in Kanji one of the three written Japanese languages and I am not certain that Paul the kind building super understood the directions any better than I did.  Kanji evolves and changes so that older people sometimes have difficulty reading newer more evolved forms of the ever growing language.  Paul tried to explain as best he could how to cook the rice, which buttons meant which but by the time I got to the actual cooking I was even more confused.  

I added a side dish of eggplant parm. and Lateefah and Chris joined me for dinner.  I wanted to invite Tee as we call her because she has been holding it down singing my shifts and her own shifts because I am out on vocal rest.  Even though we are paid to do five shows a day, we rarely are required to.  Tee has basically been doing what we were originally paid to do.  But I was grateful that she came in on her day off yesterday and took one for the team.  

And that has pretty much been my day, that and catching up on episodes of "Dirt" a FX show that gives the grimy more real side of Hollywood.  Wow, I still wonder how I will get from here to there.  Do I have to pull some kind of stunt?  Loose 100 pounds?  How will I get the people who make the decisions about who gets seen for what parts in Hollywood to care about Mattilyn Corelia Rochester?  No one quite like this one here people.  

I am open for comments and suggestions on this one guys.  

3 comments:

  1. Pray! Pray and Pray and I have a new motto if you don't like the rules create your own...so we are brainstorming together!
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. matt..u r so creative & talented.. hollywood shoulda been knocking at your door..but i have a feeling that they will in a big way!!!pleae keep in touch -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write and create your own projects girl! Write and create. As much as I didn't want to I realize I have to cause Hollywood is about the dollah and if you aren't a "name" they're gonna keep that door shut for now. So you gotta kick it down!

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion matters so much!