Friday, December 17, 2010

Good and Tired.................83

Gimmie that ol time religion, its good enuf fo me.............There is some beauty about hearing a story over and over again.  Kids do it to the point of being annoying.  How is it that they can watch the same show over and over and over again.  They can recite a show line for line and STILL watch it.  So it is with the Nativity Story.   I have heard it all my life for one.  This is the 4th Black Nativity incarnation that I have performed in and somehow it is different and somehow I find beauty in the story.  I find inspiration in the simplicity and nakedness of old time, old fashioned religion.  Just good ol faith and magic in something outside of the scope of your own understanding.  A miracle, sort of like seeing a new born baby child taking its first breath.  Life is a miracle and there is beauty in this season.  I am grateful to have noticed.  I am exhausted but it is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!