Sunday, December 19, 2010

Give not that which is holy unto dogs............................................85

Sigh!!!  I did it again.  I woke up with this heaviness on my heart and with a sigh a deep sigh of un-relief I realize I must be gentle with myself for this I fear is a life lesson...  I then looked at my girl's blog, which you should by the way check out and she was talking about the same thing!  I know many people don't combine christianity and past lives but I do.  And I am reminded time and time again that I am here in part to learn Matthew Chapter 7 Verse 6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.


I did it again.  In my girls blog (click "my girls blog" in previous paragraph) she spoke of people pleasing and I to am in treatment for this disease.  Many people suffer, unaware that they have been infected with the need to please.  Knowing is half the battle and then again ignorance is kinda blissful.  So with a gentle  hand I pry my eyes open to see how I have given that with is holy unto dogs.  


A man that I didn't know told me once that it would be helpful for me to understand that I do not need to do or be anything to receive love from my beloved.  As a performer always looking for new heights this is an important concept for me to know and understand.  I recognize and realize that I am talented but I also am aware that I sometimes do too much because I think just my presence is not enough on stage or that my voice needs to be bigger, fancier. (btw come check me out in Black Nativity because I am actually working on finding the beauty in some of the quiet moments on stage)  This translates to so much in my life.  Another women in California told me once that 'you already have presence, you already are powerful, as soon as you know that you won't have to ''put on'' its already there you just have to be'  Wow......so me trusting, that is the real key.  Living in that is the real discipline.  Gently watching myself and reminding myself to do nothing and to be and to stand in the light of THAT being to stand in my Godlight, my divinity to just allow the melodies of heaven to rain down on me, to just be grateful is my task and intention for the coming year.  To know that any time I am needing to "do" something to gain someone's approval or favor that I am off the mark, off my center and move back into alignment is my goal.  


Now a question comes forward, well sometimes folk need help?  Maybe they don't know?  Maybe they will think I am not interested.  


I would love to drum up some comments on this.......what do you think?????

1 comment:

  1. There you are, again hitting that sweet spot of truth. All is love and anything less is illusion, say the mystics from many traditions. My meditation teacher reminds us of that each time we meet, including what you shared about living in that pure love in the present moment is the divinity of life. We forget that the Universe, God is eternally loving us in the present at every moment, even when we feel unlovely, etc. Love you Matt. Re: your question about folk needin help. ;) Oh, do they! However, we are to love them closely unless they are actin the perpetrator lashin out to victimize. Then, we honor their unique preciousness as humans from an emotional distance; we can engage them but they are not in our inner circle of peace. The only people who belong there are the select friends and family who SEE and love us for who we are, regardless of the situation, but you already know that, have modeled that for me as well. (Who says you can't pick family after all? ;) Love and Merry Christmas to you! x

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion matters so much!