Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Detox- Day 1

Wow.  Some details I will spare.  But today just got hard and it's time for sleep.  I really want a smoke, but not really and I am not craving anything; my stomach is growling and empty.  

At 7:30 I had a pH test to check out if I was "fast-ready"  I was fine. 6.6 I have no idea what that means but it seems just fine to me.  It was time for a hike/walk.  I met the rest of the fasters, 2-Americans, I living in Korea the other Quiwait, a German woman living in Shrilanka, 2 Irish woman, an Aussie man, the only one of this lot, a Thai woman, and a Brit.  All on various days of their fast.  We walked
 and chatted about this and that whilst looking at beautiful Phuket beach from above.  

Next stop, the morning meeting.  We pulled angel cards from an angel deck and read what they meant.  Mine card was about abundance, seemed interesting.  It put me in touch with the memory of a nick name given to me as a freshman in high school and said something simililar to my my father's favorite passage and song which states that God's compassions never fail us. My card said that because I had just a tiny bit of faith my prayers have been answered and I am and will be abundant- keep the fatih.    Then everyone decided their schedule for the day.  Colemas- a choice of coffee, garlic, vitamin- C or water.  Massage- reflexology, head-shoulder-neck, Aromatic oil or Thai.  

I was scheduled for 3 but first had to learn about the detox.  This particular detox really blends body mind and spirit by  releasing toxins from the body as well as from the emotional body.  The thought is that if you want a piece of cake or fried chicken, or ribs, mac and cheese, rolls, pizza, fettuchini alfredo, corn bread, catfish nuggest---okay I got side tracked, but the thought here at Atsumi is that the need for food is really masking a need for nurturing in some way.  The great thing is that Weight Watchers is moving in this direction of thinking as well.  Peach Cobbler does taste good but it doesn't replace the emotional feelings that it brings (my brother loves peach cobbler and I always think of him and my Aunt Dottie when I smell it).  Sometimes I have felt so comforted by good food.  It is strange for me to think about and approach food in a different way.  "If hunger isn't the problem, food is not the solution"  

 So far I am not hungry just a bit thirsty.  I will be doing 7 days of pills that have pro-biotics, minerals, clay, husk - all kinds of good crap.  Speaking of which, then there is the shake. No! Psyllium and Bentonite clay the girls tricked me on the walk and said the shakes were delicious.  They were joking.  Then to the Colema room.  Uhhhhhhhh...... click the word if you need help on this one.  Ha!  Just joking, look it up.  I was showed how to deliver the coffee into my lower intestines and left to my own vices, soft music, sweet smells, a strainer......   Fast foward to an hour later- past the amazing massage- I am back at 4pm for my evening colema.  I step on the scale and 1 k lighter am I.  I never thought I was full of it but I kinda was.  I wonder if there is any double meaning in that.  In what ways have I been full of it?  Is there a correlation between being backed up literally?  

Herbal steam sauna, coconut water (ummm mozz. sticks and steak to me)  more pills, more shakes, more trips to the loo and here I am.  I have to say, minus the growling tummy, I feel pretty darn good.  And I don't want a cigarette anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!