Thursday, April 9, 2009

Atsumi....2

Day 2.  
Talking about it, looking at it from a strainer, examining and studying up on it has been something I have been doing in Thailand.  Of both elephants and myself.  Did you know that a healthy elephant's poo doesn't smell AT ALL?  As part of our 4 part check of the elephants after we fed them a morning snacks we had to make sure they dropped 6 loads of poo.  Sometimes it seemed like more since they broke in half upon impact.  Then you pick apart the poo and squeeze it.  Water dripping from the poo ensures that the elephant is properly hydrated.  The final phase of elephant poo 101 is.......you got it smelling it!  Didn't smell a thing.  And that means that the elephant is healthy.  Which got me to thinking.  Should poo smell?????

This afternoon, Michelle, a lovely Brit who is also the in house poo expert, gave us grand poo tutelage.  I learned so much about human poo, color, shape and it to determines the healthiness of a human being.  Processed food is the biggest gut blocker.  Through the elephants I am bonded to poo.  We talk about it in the herbal steam room, meet and discuss it in the afternoon and have serious poo starting vits and minerals.  Something I am not comfy discussing but so important to our health.  It was so odd that is seems all cool to discuss an elephant and his enormous poo but wouldn't discuss it with just anyone they knew. 

All that to say.........I'm not comfy talking this candidly but.......I think I saw a parasite.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!