Friday, January 9, 2009

Ne-Yo


I went to a Ne-Yo concert tonight in Tokyo. It was good. Over 8.500 people. Tickets were 85US a pop. Wow. Not a lot of gimmick. Just good music, great sound courtesy of Jaymz a good friend of my boyfriend's who invited me to the show and got me and Emma great seats. It was interesting to see. We went to Roppongi afterwards to Friday's and I ate and drank too much. I am good on a program but every day eating and living is still a challenge for me. I am sick and tired of starting over tomorrow but what other choice do I have. As Donny McClirklin (sp) says, "We fall down but we get up!" I will wake up tomorrow. Give thanks for the new day and try again to love my temple that houses my soul a bit better. I will try to eat in moderation and resist the temptation to diet. It is so hard but I will try again. A wise fool once told me, "trying is like constipation.....it ain't shit" I can just make the decision to do it. The great philosopher Goethe said that, "Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation) there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." I just found out that Goethe gets credit for it but it was the words of William Murray. Whoever said it maybe that is the bottom line. I haven't committed to honoring my temple at all times. I will look for the commitment tomorrow then.

The Japanese were so orderly at the concert. So polite in their feverish fan-fare. The left the stadium in such an orderly fashion I thought I was at a fire drill at my old elementary school. Outside I was waiting to meet Jaymz and one of the band members with a hood waved at the crowd and they saw a black man in a hood and thought it was Ne-Yo. They went crazy. Security came running and put up barricades and the band got a hearty laugh. Ah the pureness of the Japanese. And yes, "we all look alike"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!