Friday, January 9, 2009

Cold and rainy in Japan!!!

Ohhhhhhh ma goodness it is cold and rainy!!!! Taking the Disney bus to the front gate, checking out of security and that long walk to the Maihama train station was not as hard as it could have been because I was distracted by the pleasant conversation with Brian, a singer from our show. From the train station is a bus ride on the 11 to E-Village. The windows were fogged up I couldn't see when the stop came. A little Japanese boy was staring up at me and I wanted to scold him for not having a coat on and for wearing flip flops with no socks. I'm certain his mommy will scold him when he gets home. I made a quick stop to the "dozo" (have it) pile in the lobby. People who are moving out of E-village put things they can't take with them in the dozo pile and those of us who remain pick through what we want. Tums, some un-opened dental floss and Crystal Light On the Go was all I could get before the winds took me to the elevator. It was a "man-down" situation for sure.

Safe and sound in my apartment. I couldn't bear to watch CNN with all the gloom and doom of the US's current financial mayhem. I turned to MTV when they said unemplyment has doubled and the state of finances are worst than WWII. I am grateful to be here with a job that I love and am a bit scared for April 3rd to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!