Monday, May 16, 2011

SATURDAY, MAY 14, 2011 189

I have missed sooooooooo many days!!!  Oooooooo talk about tired.  Talk about proud and happy.  I was dreading yesterday and I don't know why.  I had an amazing day and I am so proud of myself for bringing an idea to life.  My cousin and I talked about throwing a party to celebrate my mom.  My dad used to always say, 'gimmie my flowers befo I die' and that is what I wanted to do.  I have so much going on in my life and she wasn't confident that I would be able to follow my good intentions with action.  Truth be told neither was I.  But I am sick and tired of letting my intentions and ideas go by the wayside.  I wanted to reach up and grab one idea and see it through.  Just start and finish something again.  Not that I haven't started or finished many things, I have but the starting and finishing an idea is much different than the start and finish of something structured and established.  All that to say, minus the caterer, my mother's birthday celebration was everything that my heart intended and it feels very good inside.  My assistant was a dream and we worked seamlessly together on one accord and pulled off a wonderful celebration of life.

Don't ever use   American Traditional Caterers.  I absolutely loved them until the day of the event when they showed up 30 minutes before the opening of the doors with excuses, burnt some of the appetizers, and then refused to refund any portion of my money after starting almost an hour late and causing guests to wait for food is unacceptable.  Excuses are all he gave.

There was a classmate from her high school days, neighbors, colleagues from work, church, sorority and service organizations,  friends and a host of family members who paused to give my momma her flowers in the joy and grace of her life.  She was gracious and moved everyone with her heartfelt thank you at the end.  It was a great day.  I am proud and happy.  I feel like I have come full circle with my mother, not a small feat.  To make peace with your mother....to heal, to love and fully appreciate a mothers love is key.  I think I have finally unlocked the mystery of love.  Interesting to see what happens next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!