Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Speed Dating

Not for me but a fun time had indeed.  My girl Kim stood me up.  Somehow girls standing you up is more forgivable, I kinda knew she would so when I signed up for the 8-Minute Datingg from the email she sent I knew this would be something I would be experiencing alone.  I never really thought I would meet my soulmate or anything but 1 you never know and 2 it would be something to blog about and 3 I could make some great friends from the experience.



Being on the other side of the fence I can truly say to anyone thinking of it, its probably more fun to go with someone, but you are more likely to put yourself out there and really interact with people if you go it alone.  Another thing I learned which just is something we should all remember but probably always forget, you are not alone!!!!!  There were like 3 people who were supposed to come with friends and their "friend" couldn't make it for one excuse or the other.  Most first-timers are as nervous or more nervous than you are.  And everyone hopes in the back of their mind that they meet that certain someone.

For me overall there were no matches.  There were two guys that were kinda okay but I am looking for that perfect someone not the kinda okay someone.  The other problem for me was that I am in that  in between age bracket.  The organizer put me at the bottom of my age bracket category because the guys in the higher one looked old enough to be my dad.  And let me add my dad is no longer among the living.  The guys that I seemed to gel with were way to young for me.

Several guys I met, admitted that they had tried the online dating thing but that it left too much room for lies.  One recounted a story of a 58 year old woman using a 20 year old picture.  They preferred the one on one non commital yet intimate idea of quick dates.  You can cut it off if it is like pulling teeth and you can meet again if there is a spark.  I must say it is the only venue where you can date a guys friend and not be considered a slut.  There was a guy I finished up a date with and his buddy walked by and I exclaimed, "hey!  I just dated him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!