Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One small detail an addendum of sorts

Okay so I woke up early this morning and went down to the seawall. I was looking over the Pacific in my silent bliss and remembered that I kinda left out something. I mean about the surgery, well before the surgery. You know I was talking about the nurse and how nice and kind she was and how sweet and all and how she ushered me in so gently, well all that is true. I kind of left out how scared I really was. I don't know looking at the ocean all safe and sound it all came back to me. The translators had just left me with the NYU nurse. She walks me into the operating room. I didn't know you just like walked in and laid down on the operating table! Everyone had on masks and they looked like aliens. Saying things to me that I couldn't understand. They lifted this thing up that looked like a giant bubble wrapped heated blanket and the thought 'you will be technically dead and they will bring you back' just kinda floated past my mind. I tried to lie down but I couldn't, then the most embarrassing words started coming out of my mouth. "What if you relax my muscles so much and I am in such a deep sleep that I go on myself?"
"What?"
"umm"
"You have to go to the bathroom?"
"Can I?"
"Of Course"
Then I started thinking what if I set of some time clock of perfection and now I postponed something in my destiny, oh my maybe I should lay down. But the sweet nurse had me by my arms and was ushering me to the bathroom.

Okay carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters so much!