Monday, July 28, 2008

My birthday

(Jason, Me, Leslie and Martine) at the airport



So I remember when I was in Up With People I had my birthday with a new group of people.  Very different.  I believe that I will have the same experience once again.  There was a girlscout saying that I remember it went something like, "make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the other gold.  
Me and Big Momma!  Yes this is her amazing restaraunt 

I so will miss not spending this special day with my friends and family in the states.  And I hope that the day is a good one for me.  July 29th is the day that I emerged into physica
l form.  I remember as a baby asking my father, "daddy where was I before I was here?"  He would always laugh at me.  He would often say to me, "Sis whatdoya think I did for 33 years before you were born?"  I just don't know, I have never imagined a state of my not being.  

I am prompted to set up some intentions for the coming year.  Ummmmm.  Well, Beck and Dannie (Autralia), Lateefah (guess) are the girls from Big Band Beat.  They organized along with Jason a dancer in the show originally from DC and gathered some cast members old and new from the show and we got together at Monsoon a restaraunt at Disney and we celebrated my birthday.  It was so nice and a bit unexpected.  It felt  bittersweet, so kind to have about 15 people that I have not known more than two weeks come together to celebrate with me.  I felt special, ya know with friends it's like well it is under
stood that you will come together and celebrate.  But the understood were missed and the misunderstood welcomed.  

Chris one of the male singers fr
om NY asked, "Matt do you have any wishes for this year"  I told the group, judging it at first as being a bit corny, that I was reading the Louise Hayes book and that she suggested that all of our dreams and ability to manifest them lie in loving yourself.  If I could have everything I want by loving myself then that's it.  I want to love myself more and more each day.  Love myself into my blessings.  Love myself into an Oscar? W
ell if I believe it possible, believe that I deserve it and the world would be blessed by experiencing me on stage, on screen or via audio waves then I would be getting out of the way so that is my intention for this next year in my life.  To really love, honor, keep and treasure me!!!  

2 comments:

Your opinion matters so much!